22 Books That Changed My Life
Here is a list of some of the top personal development, creativity and spirituality books that ignited my soul, expanded my mind and were a part of my transformational journey. I share them with you in an offering that one may resonate with your own soul journey.
1. Universe Has Your Back: Transform Fear into Faith by Gabrielle Bernstein
This little book teaches readers how to transform their fear into faith in order to live a happier life connected to the Divine and your Higher Self.
2. Dodging Energy Vampires: An Empath’s Guide to Evading Relationships That Drain You and Restoring Your Health and Power by Christiane Northrup, M.D.
Can’t stop feeling tired? You may have an energy vampire in your life! The author draws on the latest research explore the phenomenon of energy vampires and show us how we can spot them in our lives, dodge their tactics, and take back our own energy. Powerful stuff!
3. The Big Leap by Gay Hendricks
Do you keep sabotaging your success? In this book, the author reveals how we can live in our realm of genius and the many ways we self-sabotage our dreams. He also provides practical ways we can leap past our obstacles.
4. The Empath’s Survival Guide by M D Judith Orloff M.D.
An invaluable resource for sensitive souls, empaths, and anyone who wants to develop coping skills in our high-stimulated world—while fully embracing their gifts of intuition, compassion, creativity, and spiritual connection.
5. The Desire Map by Danielle LaPorte
This book will help you clarify your desires and harness the positive power to use them to create a life you love.
At the core of this book are four “facets” – simple, powerful statements of profound truths. As you use the facets, an abiding sense of well-being and present-moment awareness will permeate your life. Instant shifts!
This book has 111 simple practices to, strengthen your intuition and integrate forgiveness and love into your daily life.
8. Life of Being Having and Doing Enough by Wayne Muller
This was one of the first books I read that made me examine my beliefs around my own busyness addiction. The author shares that by learning compassion for ourselves and by recognizing what is most profoundly true about who we are, we can gain the self-acceptance – so that whatever we choose to do, in this moment, it is enough.
9. Shift Happens: Learn How to Live an Inspired Life…Starting Right Now! by Robert Holden
A small book that provides big hope that despite the tough times you can create a beautiful and happy life.
10. Broken Open: How Difficult Times Can Help Us Grow by Elizabeth Lesser
The author shares tales of ordinary people who have risen from the depths of illness, divorce, loss of a job or a loved one to become stronger, wiser, and more in touch with their purpose and passion. She draws on the world’s great spiritual and psychological traditions to guide us back to who we were always meant to be.
11. Present Over Perfect: Leaving Behind Frantic for a Simpler, More Soulful Way of Living by Shauna Niequist and Brene Brown
This book is an invitation to journey from frantic pushing and proving your worth to slowing down and embracing the life you were created to live.
12. When Things Fall Apart: Heart Advice for Difficult Times by Pema Chödrön
This book supports you when life throws you big challenges. Covering strategies from meditation to self-compassion to breathing techniques, you will develop resilience in the face of tough times.
13. The Untethered Soul by Michael Singer
This book is about you: your feelings, your thoughts and consciousness, and how you can navigate the chaos of your own mind to live in peace and calm.
14. A Return To Love by Marianne Williamson
A beautiful outline of the principles in the famous metaphysical text A Course In Miracles. The book covers how we always have a choice to live from our ego in fear or return back to love and living from the soul.
15. Light Is The New Black by Rebecca Campbell
This book will resonate with light workers who have a mission to help others shine brightly.
16. Your Holiness: Discover the Light Within by Debbie Ford
The book was published by the author’s sister after the author lost her battle with cancer. It’s a book that not only reminds us that holiness resides within each of us but it will open your heart. At a time when so much in our world feels uncertain and suffering is widespread and persistent, the words in this book will ground you back in love, strength, and grace.
17. Letting Go: The Pathway of Surrender by David Hawkins
If you struggle with letting go this book will shine a light for you. It is through letting go of things that trigger us that we come to understand that by surrendering our attachment to outcomes, we can live a more joyful and peaceful life.
18. The War of Art: Break Through Your Blocks and Win Your Inner Creative Battles by Steven Pressfield
Don’t be fooled by this book’s little size. Inside the author shares powerful tips to helps you identify your inner creative battles against fear and self-doubt. The book also shows you how you push past your fears and achieve your creative goals.
19. Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear by Elizabeth Gilbert
An inspiring book on creativity and living a creative life. This book explores what frightens us and excites us as we unleash our creative ideas into the world.
20. Fearless Writing: How to Create Body and Write with Confidence by William Kenower
This book will give you the courage to overcome your self-doubt and write!
21. The Artist’s Way by Julie Cameron
Everyone is creative (yes, you too!). The problem is we’re often held back by our doubts, past experiences and even the people around us. This book will guide you back to the powerful creator living inside of you.
22. Dollars Flow to Me Easily by Richard Dotts
Struggling with receiving money, love or peace into your life? The wisdom offered in this book will change and transform your innermost perceptions about abundance as you read it.
I’d love to hear what book has had an impact on your journey. Send me an email and share your title.
With love + light,
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links on the blog are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products I use personally and love, and that I believe will add value to my community.