Quotes About Resiliency For Tough Times
With the recent COVID-19 outbreak, I know many are having a tough time. Whether you’re feeling lonely, stressed or anxious about the future, just know that you are not alone. There are many of us feeling the same way, many of us are going through the exact same thing. We will get through this together!
During this time, the universe is calling on you to be strong. For the good of yourself, your family, your community and our society as a whole, we must be resilient.
Resilience is defined as an ability to recover from or adjust easily to misfortune or change.
Resilience, in my opinion, is something you can cultivate over time.
During the darkest times in my life, when I was trying to cultivate resilience, something that helped me was finding inspiration. In particular, I’d surround myself with inspiring sayings and quotes about strength.
After I had my stroke, I would put quotes about resilience on post-it notes in my house to encourage me not to give up in a very tough time.
Today, I’d like to share with you some of my favorite inspiring quotes in the hopes that they will get you through a bad day as well.
- “Persistence and resilience only come from having been given the chance to work through difficult problems.” – Gever Tulley
- “It’s your reaction to adversity, not adversity itself that determines how your life’s story will develop.” – Dieter F. Uchtdorf
- “Note to self: every time you were convinced you couldn’t go on, you did.” – Unknown
- “Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.” – Ambrose Redmoon
- “Rock bottom became the solid foundation in which I rebuilt my life.” – J.K. Rowling
- “Resilience is accepting your new reality, even if it’s less good than the one you had before. You can fight it, you can do nothing but scream about what you’ve lost, or you can accept that and try to put together something that’s good.” – Elizabeth Edwards
- “Resilience is knowing that you are the only one that has the power and the responsibility to pick yourself up.” – Mary Holloway
- “Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.” — Kahlil Gibran
- “Resilience is very different than being numb. Resilience means you experience, you feel, you fail, you hurt. You fall. But, you keep going.” – Yasmin Mogahed
- “Sometimes carrying on, just carrying on, is the superhuman achievement.” – Albert Camus
I hope these quotes can inspire you whenever you begin to feel hopeless. Together, we will get through this.
If you need an extra boost of strength and motivation, I encourage you to download my e-book – Refuse To Sink. While normally a paid product in my shop, I am currently offering it as a free resource for as I know many are needing extra support these days.
This book offers up more quotes of inspiration and encouragement for those who find themselves struggling. The book includes exercises to help the reader on their journey to transform their experience from one of fear and despair to one of hope and opportunity.